Today, Alexa Gray of Super Food Super Life introduces us to one of her clan, Kristin Dahl of Dahl House Nutrition. Here they makes our mouths water with one of Kristin's protein packed, low-glycemic treats. It all just makes me want to ditch my work, run to the beach, and snack on this raw powerhouse all day!
A | Desserts make their rounds at dinner parties, birthdays, and romantic evenings with loved ones. If there is such a thing as a perfect moment, it would be sharing a nourishing homemade dessert during these warm Summer nights with someone who makes your heart soar. Feeding those that you care about with truly nourishing foods is a perfect outlet for expressing your love for them. Sweets become the perfect canvas for creativity to serve something satisfying and wholesome.
This Superfood Slice recipe comes from Kristin Dahl an LA-based nutritionist and chef. It is high in fiber and loaded with Vitamins B & E. Plus, it’s creamy, crunchy & covered in chocolate. You don’t have to limit it to dessert either, for it can also be consumed as an afternoon snack or post-workout replenishment. This SuperFood Slice also pairs well with a warm reishi cappuccino. May your heart expand with each and every bite!
SUPERFOOD SLICE WITH CHOCOLATE TOPPING
• 1/3 cup rolled oats
• 1/3 cup each of almonds (or your favorite nuts)
• 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
• 1/4 cup sesame seeds
• 1/3 cup cacao nibs
• 1 cup puffed quinoa
• 1/3 cup goji berries
• 1/3 cup raisins
• 1/4 cup cranberries
• 1/3 cup Chia Seeds
• 1/3 cup tahini
• 1/4 cup raw honey, maple syrup, or sunroot sweetener
• 1/4 cup coconut oil
• 3 tbsp. cacao
• 3 tbsp. cacao butter
· 4 tbsp. water
1) Add dry ingredients to a mixing bowl.
2) Pour half the mixture into a high-speed blender and pulse.
4) In a small saucepan mix wet ingredients on a low heat until melted and slightly warm.
5) Pour wet mixture into the mixing bowl and combine.
6) Line a baking tin with parchment paper, pour in the mixture and press down firmly.
7) In a small saucepan, mix cacao and cacao butter on low heat until smooth.
8) Pour the melted chocolate over the pressed mixture and spread evenly.
9) Place baking tin in the freezer for 30mins
10) Cut, serve & enjoy! (Best stored in freezer.)