I first discovered Lotus Blooming Herbs through Amanda of Moon Juice. Her curation of Moon Juice’s apothecary is of the highest standard in holistic medicinal staples – especially in way of ingredients and targeted benefits. Lotus Blooming Herbs fits right into that standard.
Due to having gotten sick while I was in NYC (which is very rare for me), I knew it was time to get my fall and winter preventive superstars together. Here are the sixteen reasons why you’re going to want these two daily staples in your panty these next two seasons, and beyond.
Authentic Shilajit (Sanskrit for “conqueror of mountains” or “destroyer”) has been used for centuries in the traditional Ayurvedic medicine system. It’s known as a rejuvenation herb as well as an adaptogen. In fact, many Ayurvedic practitioners use it as a catalyst to boost the strength of other herbs. Here are my top reasons for adding both of these magical products into my daily routine.
1. Authentic Shilajit is a hand-harvested resin from the Himalayan Mountains that is an adaptogenic and neurostimulating mineral complex containing over 18 amino acids.
2. It’s known to enhance the immune system and support the endocrine system. Therefore supporting mood, hormones, libido (increasing creative and sexual energy), sleep-wake cycles, hair growth, cognition, and energy.
3. Ancient Ayurvedic text states that when gradually taken, (in adequate amounts) it tends to improve the strength and complexion of the body.
4. Ancient Ayurvedic text also believes it to be the best rejuvenator.
5. Many use Authentic Shilajit for its anti-inflammatory benefits, which is ideal for overall health.
6. Authentic Shilajit is amazing for enhancing the properties of other herbs by acting as a catalytic agent.
7. There are many heavy metal ladened, low-grade shilajit powders on the market; however Lotus Blooming Herb’s genuine Authentic Shilajit is a natural resin that is plant based and found veined within the rocks of the Himalayas, and is carefully purified. They then follow traditional Tibetan form of purification, which uses only pure clean spring water, the sun, and the final process of heating to ensure all possible microbes are removed. This is why I’ve only had and continue to use Lotus Blooming Herb’s Shilajit.
8. Immunity, immunity, immunity.
PROCESS | Traditional Ayurvedic instructions recommend that shilajit be dissolved in hot organic milk, or taken with ghee, or raw unpasteurized honey to increase delivery to the body. Vegans can also enjoy it with coconut oil. When in a hurry, I personally just take a grain size amount and let it dissolve under my tongue before enjoying my daily tonic or smoothie that has other adaptogenic herbs. Or I’ll dissolve the same amount in my warm tonics or tea (with fat) to enhance the other herbs' targeted benefits.
Authentic Chyawanprash is an ancient Vedic Functional Food Formula containing 35 ingredients including botanicals, aromatic spices and linoleic rich fats, which combined produce a “multi-herbal” jam. In Ayurveda it is known as a Rasayana (systemic Revitalization of Body & Mind).
1. Lotus Blooming Herbs prepares their Chyawanprash in an authentic and traditional manner adhering to the ancient manufacturing Ayurvedic techniques established 5,000 years ago by the Rishi Sage, Chyawan. It takes a full 21-days and all ingredients are added at the precise time according to the traditional methods. They also use a combination of ethically wild crafted, certified organic, and pesticide free botanicals.
2. Chyanwanprash helps prevent illness through its immunonomodulators effects and rejuvenation properties. For this reason, it’s often used in Ayurveda during the winter months for added immunity. And is considered one of the best family tonics – suitable for most ages from young children to the elderly.
3. Aids in the elimination of ama (toxins) by purifying and supporting the blood, liver, spleen, and respiratory system.
4. It’s also revered in Ayurveda for kindling the agni (digestion) without aggravating pitta. It is stimulating and tonifying to the GI tract, supporting proper metabolism as a whole.
5. DEEPLY supportive of the endocrine system, which is everything for me.
6. Known to combat stress, depression, and chronic fatigue syndrome.
7. It’s a tonic that replenishes the reproductive system and prevents loss by supporting fertility, healthy libido, and builds overall sexual strength in both men and women. It’s also known to be helpful with normalizing menstruation and reducing PMS.
8. Referred to in India as “The Balm Of Immortality”. I mean… AND it tastes like the most divine treat!!
PROCESS | Ayurvedic tradition suggests one teaspoon of chyawanprash consumed on an empty stomach early in the morning at sunrise with hot, grass-fed cow’s milk or hot grassfed goats milk. Vegans can lick chyawanprash from a spoon followed by warm water. I personally lick it from a spoon in the a.m. followed by warm water, and enjoy it in a tonic in the evening before bed. Sometimes I'll even slap some inside of a date late afternoon when I’m craving something sweet and tasty.